The visual appearance of Drafts is customizable via the Appearance screen, access through the "Aa" button near the bottom right.
Available options include:
- Theme: Choose from one of three themes. The default light theme, a dark theme for night time use, and a sepia theme.
- Automatic Dark Mode: When enabled, Drafts will automatically switch between the dark theme and last selected light theme (white or sepia) based on the brightness level of the device. When combined with iOS's "Auto-Brightness" setting is enabled (iOS Settings > Display & Brightness) this will automatically switch when the device is in low light situations.
- Brightness Threshold: This slider determines the device brightness level at which to trigger automatic dark mode switching. The lower the slider, the lower the device brightness needs to be to trigger dark mode.
- Font: Choose from any of the fonts installing on your iOS device. See note below about installing additional fonts on iOS.
- Font size: Increase or decrease the font size used in the editor.
- Syntax highlighting: Choose from three options for syntax highlighting of text in the editor:
- Plain text: No highlighting.
- Markdown: Common (not all) Markdown structured text will be highlighting. This includes bold, emphasis, links, lists, headers.
- Social: Highlights hashtags, mentions and other common social media markup.
Installing Fonts on iOS
Drafts relies on fonts installed in the iOS system. If you would like to make additional fonts available for editing in Drafts, you must install them on the device. There are several ways to install fonts on your system and even some apps that make the process easy. If you are interested in extending your font selections, we recommend you start with this excellent article on MacStories to learn more.