Header and Top Area
Terminology's main screen visible when browsing any term. The current term is displayed in the header. Any text, term or phrase may be current, even if it is not available in Terminology's built-in dictionary, because other resources and actions may be available. Tools available in the top area of the screen include:
- Current Term: Displays the currently selected term or phrase.
- Speak: Speak out load the current term using system speech synthesis.
- Notes: Edit user notes for the current term.
- Favorite: Add or remove the current term from your Favorites list.
- Home: Return to the app welcome screen, or, if an action is loaded in the in-app browser, return to the current term's definitions.
- Copy to Clipboard: Place current term in system clipboard for use in other apps.
- Actions: Horizontally scrolling list of actions. See action documentation for more details.
- Edit Actions: Edit the action list.
Definitions and Browsing Area
The main area is dedicated to displaying the definitions and related words for the current term. It is a scrollable area divided by parts of speech and word relation types.
This area will also be used to display and in-app web browser for web resources loaded via actions. See actions documentation for details.
Actions can also be configured to appear at the end of the definitions area.
The bottom area offers commonly used functions in easy reach:
- Back - Forward: The back forward buttons navigate similarly to back/forward buttons in a web browser. When viewing a term, they move back and forward through history of browsed terms. If an action is loaded in the in-app browser, they act as web browsing navigation buttons.
- Search: Opens the search view to look up new terms.
- Favorites list: Opens list of terms you have favorited.
- History: Opens list of history of terms browsed.
- Share: Share the current term and it's definitions - or the current query on the favorites or history list if it is visible.
- Settings: Opens app settings.
Please sign in to leave a comment.