Drafts actions provide powerful ways to integrate with a variety of services, apps and the web as well as automate common text manipulation and other functions.
Though many of the action steps provided by Drafts are easy to setup, it's also helpful to see examples of what others have created. This is why we maintain the Drafts Action Directory.
At the directory, you can browse ready to install actions, as well as keyboard extensions, created by others. To use an action from the directory:
- Browse the directory on a device with Drafts.
- Find an action that you would like to try.
- Tap the "Install" link on the action's page.
- Drafts will open and install the action, at the end of the "All" actions list.
Once installed, you can edit these actions to customize them to fit your specific needs.
The Action Directory also allows for comments and discussion of actions, keyboard extensions and apps that can integrate with Drafts.
You can also share the actions you create. All actions and keyboard extensions have a "Post to Directory" function available, that lets you upload an action to the directory to share with others. You can choose to make the actions you upload "Unlisted", and only people you give the unique URL to will see the action – or, make it public and it will appear in searches and lists in the directory for others to find.
It is important to know that the Action Directory is a public resource and you should never share actions which contain personal information, such as email addresses/phone numbers, etc.
Sharing Without Using the Directory
There are times you want to share or backup actions without posting them to the Action Directory. This can be done using a Share URL, which is a Drafts-specific export URL which can be opened to re-import the action into any installation of Drafts.
To share an action via Share URL:
- Open the action's edit view, by swiping right on the action in the action list and tapping the edit button (pen icon).
- Tap the Share icon in the toolbar at the bottom.
- Select destination from system share sheet, you can email, message, send to other app extensions or simply copy the URL to the system clipboard.
Please sign in to leave a comment.